2) College of the Albemarle - http://www.albemarle.cc.nc.us/ -- The Elizabeth City and
Edenton-Chowan campuses will be closed beginning at 5:00 p.m. today (8/31). All Thursday evening classes beginning at 5:00 p.m. are canceled at those two locations.
3) Craven Community College - Craven Community College will operate under a two-hour delay on Friday, Sept. 1. Visit http://www.craven.cc.nc.us/.
4) Fayetteville State University - In anticipation of Tropical Storm Ernesto, classes, programs, and events at Fayetteville State University (FSU) beginning at 6 p.m. or later on Thursday, August 31, 2006 have been cancelled. The cafeteria, Rudolph Jones Student Center, Charles W. Chesnutt Library, and all computer labs on campus will close at 7 p.m. Continue visiting http://www.uncfsu.edu/.
5) Lenoir Community College - The college will operate on a two-hour delay Friday, Sept. 1 for faculty, staff and students. Students should report to their 10 a.m. class on Friday. Continue visiting http://www.lenoir.cc.nc.us/.
6) Nash Community College - Nash Community College and the Child Development Center will be closed Friday, September 1, 2006. Visit http://www.nash.cc.nc.us/
8 ) Wake Technical Community Colleges - Evening classes for August 31, 2006 will be held as scheduled. A decision will be made in the early morning hours regarding September 1 operations. Please visit http://wtcc-gw.wake.tec.nc.us/ for updates.
9) Wayne Community College - Wayne Community College is on a two-hour delay. The college will open at 10 a.m. for students, faculty and staff. The WCC Daycare Center is also on a two-hour delay, and will open at 9 am. Visit http://www.waynecc.edu/ for information.
10) Wilson Technical Community College - Closed at 8:00 PM Thursday (8/31), and will reopen on September 5th, 2006. Visit http://www.wilsontech.cc.nc.us/ for information.
As of this update, these are the current school related closings or schedule adjustments in North Carolina. We will continue monitoring closing announcements, and posting them to this website throughout the next day or so.